Pav Bhaji is a fast food dish from Maharashtra. Although the origin of this street food is Maharashtra but now it has become popular Street Food in all over India. It consists of thick vegetable curry served with toasted pav. It is very easy to make it at home. You can have it anytime during the day.
Step – by – Step Video of Making of Pav Bhaji
Prep Time – 20 Mins Cook Time – 30 Mins Serving – 6
- Potatoes (cut in small cubes) – 2 ½ Cups
- Roughly Chopped Cabbage – ¾ Cup
- Pea – ¼ Cup
- Tomato + Onion Paste – 2 Cups
- Green Chilli + Galic + Capsicum Paste – ½ Cup
- Butter – 4 Tbsp.
- Asafoetida – Pinch
- Mustard Seeds – 1 Tsp.
- Cumin Seeds – 1 Tsp.
- Fennel Seeds – 1 Tsp.
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 Tbsp.
- Turmeric Powder – 1 Tsp.
- Coriander Powder – 1 ½ Tbsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Pav Bhaji Masala – 3 Tbsp.
- Water – 1 Cup
- Ladi Pav
- Finely Chopped Onions
- Lemon Wedges
- Pressure cook potatoes, cabbage and pea on high flame. Cook it till one whistle and switch off the flame.
- Now with the help of potato masher, mash boiled potatoes, cabbage and pea.
- Heat butter in a pan and add asafoetida, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and fennel seeds
- When seeds crackle, add in green chilli + garlic + capsicum paste and allow it to cook for 5 mins.
- Now add tomato + onion paste and cook it for another 5 mins.
- Now add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and pav bhaji masala.
- Add water and cook spices for 5 mins. more.
- Now add mashed vegetables and mix it with prepared mixture and cook it for 10 mins. more (be careful after adding mashed vegetables, bhaji will splutter) and switch off the flame.
- Heat ghee on a flat tawa and toast pav from both sides.
- Top Bhaji with butter and serve it with toasted Pav, onions and lemon wedge.
- People who don’t eat potatoes can replace it with Raw Banana.
- You can easily avoid onion and garlic if you don’t want to add them. Non – inclusion of onion and garlic will affect only 5-10% of the taste.
- Spices can be adjusted according to your taste.
Enjoy India’s Popular Street Food and share your feedback with me. See you all in next blog. Till then byeee
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
Atte ka Halwa is very popular Sweet Dessert in North India. It is very easy to make as it requires only few ingredients which are easily available at our home and can be made for any occasion or any day when you want to have something sweet. Atte ka Halwa tastes best when served hot.
Step – by – Step Video of Atte ka Halwa
Prep Time – 5 mins Cook Time – 30 Mins Serving – 4
- Wheat Flour – 1 Cup
- Sugar – 1 Cup
- Ghee or Clarified Butter – ¾ Cup
- Hot Water – 3 Cups
- Chopped Dry Fruits (of your choice)– For Garnishing
- Gram Flour – 3 Tbsp.
- Heat ghee in a wok.
- Add in wheat flour and start roasting it on medium flame.
- Stir continuously while roasting so that it doesn’t stick to wok.
- Keep roasting it until it changes it color and you get the aroma of roasted wheat flour.
- Now its time to add a twist i.e. gram flour. Add gram flour in it.
- Keep on stirring the mixture and roast it until the mixture gets golden brown.
- Now add hot water (Be careful after adding water, mixture will splutter) and stir the mixture so that no lumps are formed.
- Now add sugar and cook it till it gets fully dissolved.
- After the sugar gets dissolved switch off the flame.
- Garnish Halwa with finely chopped dry fruits and serve it hot.
Facebook | Youtube | Instagram
See you all in next blog. Till then
Hello Fellow Bloggers
Today I am very happy to write this blog…..
I have started my blogs in August 2017 and I have crossed a milestone of 100 followers. I want to Thank You all with so much of ♥ ♥ ♥ for supporting me and inspiring me to write more.
After getting good response from you all, I decided to start SURBHI KI RASOI Youtube Channel so that I can share my experience with more people. From September 2017 I have started posting videos on Youtube.
Because of the support from all of guys my website is growing and I want to Thank you all once again for this support. Now the same support I want for my Youtube Channel also.
Please friends do subscribe my channel and support me to grow this also.
Once again I want to Thank You all for being with me in my whole Blogging Journey.
Love ♥ ♥ ♥
My today’s recipe is Chocolate Sandwich. Everyone’s favorite especially Kids. It is very quick breakfast or snack recipe. It is very easy to make. Even your kids can help you in making this sandwich. They will enjoy a lot as they will get chance to eat chocolate in between (I ate lot of chocolate while making this sandwich). You can use grated cheese or nuts of your choice also in this sandwich.
Prep Time – 5 Mins Cook Time – 10 Mins
Ingredients (not specifying any quantity because quantity of all ingredients will depend on taste) –
- White Bread
- Grated Chocolate
- Chocolate Syrup
- Melted Chocolate
Step – by – Step Video of Chocolate Sandwich
- Pre-heat sandwich griller
- Apply butter on two breads
- Spread grated chocolate on butter of one bread
- Drizzle chocolate syrup on grated chocolate.
- Cover it with other bread (butter side of the bread should be in)
- Apply butter on top of the sandwich as well as on griller also
- Place sandwich on griller and allow it to grill.
- Garnish Chocolate Sandwich with melted chocolate and grated chocolate.
Enjoy yum sandwich and I will see you all in my next blog. Till then bye…..