Bread Idli Chaat is an innovative recipe. It is very easy and quick recipe. It is a different form of chaat and tastes very delicious. My family enjoys a lot eating this chaat. In this recipe round bread slices are topped with mashed potatoes and is served in the form of chaat.
Step – by – Step Video of Bread Idli Chaat
Prep Time – 10 Mins Cook Time – 15 Mins Serving – 10 Idlis
- Boiled and Mashed Potatoes – 2 Cups
- Curd – 2 Cups + Water – ¼ Cup
- Bread Slices – 10 Nos.
- Oil – 6 Tbsp. + for cooking idlis
- Mustard Seeds – 1 Tsp.
- Hing – Pinch
- Chilli Powder – 4 Tsp.
- Salt – to taste
- Garam Masala – 1 Tsp.
- Finely Chopped Green Chillies – ½ Tbsp.
- Aloo Bhujia – For Garnishing
- Green Chutney – For Garnishing
- Tomato Ketchup / Imli Chutney – For Garnishing
- Chaat Masala
- Finely Chopped Onions – For Garnishing
- Heat 3 Tbsp. of oil in a wok and add green chillies and sauté it for min.
- Add mashed potatoes, 2 tsp. of red chilli powder, salt and garam masala.
- Add 2-3 Tbsp. of water and mix all ingredients properly and cook potato masala for 5 mins.
- Thin down the curd to a thick raita consistency with the help of some water.
- Now time to make tadka, for that take pan and heat up 3 tbsp. of oil and add hing and mustard seeds.
- On crackling of seeds, add 2 tsp. of red chilli powder and 2 tbsp. of water.
- Add this tadka in curd and add salt and mix well and keep it in refrigerator for 10-15 mins.
- Cut bread slices into round with the help of a round cookie cutter or anything which is round in shape.
- Now take small portion of potato mixture and spread a thin layer on the round shaped bread.
- Cook masala side of bread first with the help of oil.
- Flip bread and cook another side till it changes its color to golden brown.
- Now for serving – Take bowl and put idli in it and cover it totally with tadka curd.
- Garnish it with green chutney, tomato ketchup, finely chopped onions and aloo bhujia on top.
- Sprinkle chaat masala and serve.
Step – by – Step Picture of Bread Idli Chaat
- If you don’t eat potatoes, can replace it with raw banana.
- I have used white bread slices. You can use brown bread also.
- Curry leaves can also be added in tadka. It will give nice flavor.
- Spices can be adjusted according to your taste.
- Aloo Bhujia can be easily replaced with nylon sev.
- Leftover bread can be used as breadcrumbs for some other recipes.
Enjoy this yum chaat and share your feedback with me. I will see you all next time with new recipe. Till then
Veg Macroni is a very healthy option for your kids as it includes lot of vegetables. It is a perfect tiffin recipe and evening snack for your kids. Although I am not a kid, I love Veg Macroni a lot. That means veg macroni is perfect for every age group. It is very easy and quick recipe.
Step – by – Step Video of Veg Macroni
Prep Time – 10 Mins. Cook Time – 15 Mins. Serving – 2
- Uncooked Macroni – 1 ½ Cup
- Salt – 1 Tsp. + To Taste
- Oil – 1 Tbsp. + 4 Tbsp.
- Finely Chopped Onions – ½ Cup
- Finely Chopped Tomato – ½ Cup
- Finely Chopped Capsicum – ½ Cup
- Tomato Ketchup – 4 Tbsp.
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ Tbsp.
- Turmeric Powder – ½ Tsp.
- Amchur (Dry Mango) Powder – ½ Tbsp.
- Preserved Water (Water in which Macroni is boiled) – ½ Cup
- Boil water in a pan and add 1tbsp. of oil and 1 tsp. of salt.
- Add macroni in boiled water and cook it until it gets soft.
- Strain it with the help of a sieve and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a wok and add onions and cook them for 2-3 mins.
- Now add capsicum and cook them also for 2-3 mins.
- Add tomatoes and cook all vegetables for 5 mins.
- Add in tomato ketchup, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and amchur powder and mix them properly with vegetables.
- Add preserved water.
- Add boiled macroni and cook it for 5 mins.
- Veg Macroni is ready to serve
Step – by – Step Pictures of Veg Macroni
- Oil and salt is added at the time of boiling of water so that macroni don’t get stick to each other.
- If you don’t eat onion, can easily skip it and instead of it you can use red and yellow bell peppers or any other vegetable as you like.
- Spices can be adjusted according to your taste
Enjoy yummy Macroni and share your feedback with me. See you all next time with new recipe.
Facebook | Youtube | Instagram
Pav Bhaji is a fast food dish from Maharashtra. Although the origin of this street food is Maharashtra but now it has become popular Street Food in all over India. It consists of thick vegetable curry served with toasted pav. It is very easy to make it at home. You can have it anytime during the day.
Step – by – Step Video of Making of Pav Bhaji
Prep Time – 20 Mins Cook Time – 30 Mins Serving – 6
- Potatoes (cut in small cubes) – 2 ½ Cups
- Roughly Chopped Cabbage – ¾ Cup
- Pea – ¼ Cup
- Tomato + Onion Paste – 2 Cups
- Green Chilli + Galic + Capsicum Paste – ½ Cup
- Butter – 4 Tbsp.
- Asafoetida – Pinch
- Mustard Seeds – 1 Tsp.
- Cumin Seeds – 1 Tsp.
- Fennel Seeds – 1 Tsp.
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 Tbsp.
- Turmeric Powder – 1 Tsp.
- Coriander Powder – 1 ½ Tbsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Pav Bhaji Masala – 3 Tbsp.
- Water – 1 Cup
- Ladi Pav
- Finely Chopped Onions
- Lemon Wedges
- Pressure cook potatoes, cabbage and pea on high flame. Cook it till one whistle and switch off the flame.
- Now with the help of potato masher, mash boiled potatoes, cabbage and pea.
- Heat butter in a pan and add asafoetida, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and fennel seeds
- When seeds crackle, add in green chilli + garlic + capsicum paste and allow it to cook for 5 mins.
- Now add tomato + onion paste and cook it for another 5 mins.
- Now add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and pav bhaji masala.
- Add water and cook spices for 5 mins. more.
- Now add mashed vegetables and mix it with prepared mixture and cook it for 10 mins. more (be careful after adding mashed vegetables, bhaji will splutter) and switch off the flame.
- Heat ghee on a flat tawa and toast pav from both sides.
- Top Bhaji with butter and serve it with toasted Pav, onions and lemon wedge.
- People who don’t eat potatoes can replace it with Raw Banana.
- You can easily avoid onion and garlic if you don’t want to add them. Non – inclusion of onion and garlic will affect only 5-10% of the taste.
- Spices can be adjusted according to your taste.
Enjoy India’s Popular Street Food and share your feedback with me. See you all in next blog. Till then byeee
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
My today’s recipe is Chocolate Sandwich. Everyone’s favorite especially Kids. It is very quick breakfast or snack recipe. It is very easy to make. Even your kids can help you in making this sandwich. They will enjoy a lot as they will get chance to eat chocolate in between (I ate lot of chocolate while making this sandwich). You can use grated cheese or nuts of your choice also in this sandwich.
Prep Time – 5 Mins Cook Time – 10 Mins
Ingredients (not specifying any quantity because quantity of all ingredients will depend on taste) –
- White Bread
- Grated Chocolate
- Chocolate Syrup
- Melted Chocolate
Step – by – Step Video of Chocolate Sandwich
- Pre-heat sandwich griller
- Apply butter on two breads
- Spread grated chocolate on butter of one bread
- Drizzle chocolate syrup on grated chocolate.
- Cover it with other bread (butter side of the bread should be in)
- Apply butter on top of the sandwich as well as on griller also
- Place sandwich on griller and allow it to grill.
- Garnish Chocolate Sandwich with melted chocolate and grated chocolate.
Enjoy yum sandwich and I will see you all in my next blog. Till then bye…..