Potato Wedges is a potato based recipe which is served as a snack or as a starter. Wedges are curvy in shape which is altogether different from potato fries. It is very simple recipe which is liked by people of every age group. It can be served with the sauce of your choice. I have served it with Mint Mayonnaise which is simple combination of mayonnaise and mint and coriander paste. I have deep fried the wedges but it can be baked also. It is a perfect party snack recipe. You can serve it with other meals also like burgers and sandwiches.
For more recipes – Visit Recipe Index
Step – by – Step Video of Potato Wedges with Mint Mayonnaise (Please Share and Subscribe)
Serving – Will serve 4 people
- Medium Sized Potatoes – 8
- Cornflour – 5 Tbsp.
- Red Chilli Powder – 3 Tsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Water – 1 Tbsp. + For Boiling
- Oil for Frying
- Chaat Masala
- Mayonnaise – 6 Tbsp.
- Mint Leaves – ½ Cup
- Coriander Leaves – ½ Cup
- Green Chilli – 1
- Peel skin of potatoes and cut them into halves.
- Take one half at a time and cut it into three pieces or wedges.
- Cut all potatoes into wedges like this only.
- Boil water in a pan and par boil all wedges.
- Transfer par boiled wedges in to a bowl and add in cornflour
- Add in red chilli powder and salt and 1 tbsp. of water and mix.
- Heat oil in a wok and drop wedges in it in small batches and deep fry them.
- Transfer fried wedges in a bowl and sprinkle chaat masala and mix.
- Take a grinder jar and add in mint leaves, coriander leaves and green chilli
- Add little water and grind all ingredients to a fine paste.
- Take mayonnaise in a small bowl and add in green paste and mix.
- Serve Potato Wedges with Mint Mayonnaise.
Please try this recipe and share it with your friends and relatives and leave your valuable and encouraging comments below.
Connect with me – Facebook(LIKE) | YouTube(SUBSCRIBE) | Twitter(FOLLOW) | Google+(FOLLOW)
Pizza Sauce is tomato based sauce which is prepared from blanched tomatoes, onions, garlic and some spices. This sauce is used as a spread to make pizza but there are many other recipes as well which you can prepare from this sauce like rolls, pastas, spaghetti, lasagna etc.
I have prepared it for making of Bread Pizza whose recipe I will be sharing later on. You can prepare it in bulk and store it in refrigerator and will remain good for atleast 1 week.
It is easily available in a market but the sugar content in it is very high. That’s why I always prefer making it at home only and preparing anything at home is always safe and better in terms of taste and flavors.
Step – by – Step Video of Homemade Pizza Sauce (Please Subscribe my Channel)
Serving – Will make 1 ½ – 2 Cups
- Medium Sized Tomatoes – 8
- Big Sized Onions – 4
- Crushed Garlic – 1 Tbsp.
- Oil – 1 Tbsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 ½ Tbsp.
- Sugar – 2 Tbsp. or according to your taste
- Boil water in a pan and add in tomatoes.
- Boil them for 5 minutes or till the skin starts to leave them.
- Take them out on a plate and allow them to cool down completely.
- Peel the skin of tomatoes once they cooled completely.
- Now take roughly chopped onion in a grinder and grind them.
- Add in roughly chopped blanched tomatoes in a grinder and grind them with grounded onions.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in crushed garlic and sauté it for 2 minutes.
- Add in tomato and onion mixture and mix them.
- Cover pan with lid and cook mixture for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove lid and you will see mixture is boiling.
- Give it a quick stir and add in red chilli powder, salt and sugar and mix them well and cook sauce for few more minutes.
- Homemade Pizza Sauce is ready.
- If you don’t want your sauce to be sweet then you can skip sugar.
- If you don’t eat onion and garlic then you can add capsicum in it.
- Allow sauce to cool down completely before using it for some other recipe.
Please try this recipe and share your feedback with me
Connect with me – Facebook(LIKE) | YouTube(SUBSCRIBE) | Twitter(FOLLOW)
Coconut chutney is mainly a South Indian Chutney but you can serve it as an accompaniment with different types of paranthas, rice, sandwiches etc. It is very simple recipe which requires blending of Coconut with few other ingredients. It can be stored in fridge for 4-5 days.
Step – by – Step Video of Coconut Chutney
Prep Time – 10 Mins Cook Time – 5 Mins Serving – 2 Cups
- Roughly chopped Coconut – 1 Cup
- Green Chillies – 3
- Roughly chopped Coriander – 1/3 Cup
- Roasted Chana Dal or Daliya – 2 Tbsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Curd – 4 Tbsp.
- Water – 2-3 Tbsp.
- Ghee – 3 Tsp.
- Asafoetida – Pinch
- Mustard Seeds – 1 Tsp.
- Curry Leaves – 8-10
- Take roughly chopped coconut in a grinder
- Add in roughly chopped green chillies, coriander, chana dal, salt and curd
- Grind all ingredients with the help of little water.
- Now for tempering, heat ghee in a pan and add asafoetida and mustard seeds.
- On crackling of seeds, add in curry leaves and sauté for 5 seconds.
- Add grounded coconut mixture in it and mix the mixture well with the tempering.
- If you want your chutney to be white, you can avoid coriander.
- Green Chillies can be adjusted according to how spicy you want your chutney to be.
Enjoy coconut chutney with South Indian Cuisine and don’t forget to don’t forget to follow my blogs, facebook page, instagram and subscribe my youtube channel.
On my 50th post I got notification from WordPress that Surbhi Ki Rasoi got 500 likes. I am so happy to share this great news with you all. I want to Thanks everyone who liked my posts and supported me.
My today’s post is Sweet Tamarind Chutney.
Chutneys are very important part of Indian Cuisine. There are so many types of chutney that are used to enhance the flavor of any dish. Today I am making Sweet tamarind chutney. It is used with different types of Chaats and snacks. You can make it in a bulk and store it in an air tight container in a fridge for months.
Duration – 3 Hours Servings – 2 Cups
- Seedless Tamarind – 100 Gms.
- Jaggery or Gud – 2 Cups (Sweetness can be adjusted according to taste)
- Salt to Taste
- Black Salt to Taste
- Water – 1-2 Cups
- Soak tamarind in hot water for 2-3 hours.
- Grind the soaked tamarind in grinder and strain the pulp (do not add water while grinding).
- Now put strained pulp on heat and add jaggery and mix till jaggery starts to melt.
- Now add in salt and black salt.
- Cook chutney till one boil and switch off the flame.
- Water should be added according to your own choice of consistency.
- Sugar can also be added at the place of jaggery.
Enjoy this chutney with snacks and follow my blogs, like my facebook page, subscribe my youtube channel and follow my instagram for more such recipes. See you all with my next recipe. Till then
Duration – 20-25 Mins Serving – 2 Cups
- Garlic Cloves – ½ Cup
- Desiccated Coconut – 1 Cup
- Peanut – ½ Cup
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 Tbsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan and roast garlic cloves for 5 mins.
- In the same pan roast peanuts for another 5 mins.
- Now roast desiccated coconut in the same pan for 5 mins such that it changes it color to light brown. (Just take care coconut doesn’t burn)
- Now allow roasted garlic, peanuts and desiccated coconut to cool down completely.
- Take a grinder jar and add in all roasted ingredients, red chilli powder and salt and grind them all coarsely.
- Dry garlic chutney is ready. It can be served with any dish as it will enhance the flavor of any food. It can be used as a spread for making sandwiches, rolls etc. It is a must ingredient in Maharashtrian Style Vada Pav.
Tip – Instead of using red chilli powder you can also use 4-5 dry red chillies (whole). Just roast them in oil for 2-3 mins. and grind them with other ingredients. It will give nice taste and texture to chutney.
Step – by – Step procedure to make Dry Garlic Chutney
Enjoy spicy chutney and follow my Blogs, Facebook Page, Youtube Channel and Instagram
Let’s make something hot and spicy and i.e. Red Chilli Chutney. It is one of my favorite chutney. I use to make it in a bulk and store in fridge so that I can enjoy it for long. It is made from dry red chillies which enhances the flavor of many Indian food items.
Prep Time – 30 Mins Cook Time – 15 Mins Total Time – 45 Mins Serving – 2 Cup
- Whole Dry Red Chilli – 20-25
- Garlic Cloves – 12-15
- Salt to Taste
- Oil – 4 Tbsp.
- Soak red chillies in water for 30 mins.
- Take a grinder and add in soaked red chillies, garlic and salt and grind them with water (around 3 tbsp. or more can be added depending on how liquid you want the chutney to be)
- Heat oil in wok and add chutney in it and cook it well for 10 mins.
- Serve it with any food of your choice.
Tip – Sautéing chutney is totally optional. But if sautéed in oil, it will give nice color, taste and texture to chutney.
Enjoy hot and spicy chutney and follow my blogs for more such recipes
Thanks for visiting☺️
As Mint & Coriander Chutney is used in so many recipes so decided to share its recipe with you all.
Mint & Coriander Chutney is a versatile Indian style dip which can be served with anything like Parantha, Pakodas, Sandwiches etc. and it can also be used in different types of chaat. It enhances the flavor of any dish.
It is very easy to make with fewer ingredients and within less time. It requires Coriander, Mint, Green Chilli, Lemon and few spices. This chutney can also be prepared by adding in onion, garlic and curd.
Chutneys are my favorite especially mint & coriander chutney. I want it every time with my food. My mother used to make it in large quantity and store it in a refrigerator. It can be stored for around 4-5 days.
Equipment Used –
- Measuring Cups
Prep Time – 15 Mins Cook Time – 5 Mins Total Time – 20 Mins Serving – 1 Cup
- Coriander Leaves – 2 ½ Cups
- Mint Leaves – 1 Cup
- Green Chillies – 2
- Cumin Powder – 2 Tsp.
- Lemon Juice 1 Tbsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Take a bowl and add water in it.
- Soak coriander leaves and mint leaves in it for atleast 10 mins. so that all the dirt from the leaves will be removed.
- Take a grinder jar and add in cleaned leaves
- Add in green chillies, cumin powder, salt and lemon juice and grind it.
- If the consistency of the chutney is too thick then add 3 tbsp. of water and grind it again. (Consistency of the chutney should be thick but not too thick)
Serve it and have fun and if made in large quantity then store it in refrigerator.
Refer WordPress – https://refer.wordpress.com/r/2102/wordpress-com/