Pizza Sauce is tomato based sauce which is prepared from blanched tomatoes, onions, garlic and some spices. This sauce is used as a spread to make pizza but there are many other recipes as well which you can prepare from this sauce like rolls, pastas, spaghetti, lasagna etc.
I have prepared it for making of Bread Pizza whose recipe I will be sharing later on. You can prepare it in bulk and store it in refrigerator and will remain good for atleast 1 week.
It is easily available in a market but the sugar content in it is very high. That’s why I always prefer making it at home only and preparing anything at home is always safe and better in terms of taste and flavors.
Step – by – Step Video of Homemade Pizza Sauce (Please Subscribe my Channel)
Serving – Will make 1 ½ – 2 Cups
- Medium Sized Tomatoes – 8
- Big Sized Onions – 4
- Crushed Garlic – 1 Tbsp.
- Oil – 1 Tbsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 ½ Tbsp.
- Sugar – 2 Tbsp. or according to your taste
- Boil water in a pan and add in tomatoes.
- Boil them for 5 minutes or till the skin starts to leave them.
- Take them out on a plate and allow them to cool down completely.
- Peel the skin of tomatoes once they cooled completely.
- Now take roughly chopped onion in a grinder and grind them.
- Add in roughly chopped blanched tomatoes in a grinder and grind them with grounded onions.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in crushed garlic and sauté it for 2 minutes.
- Add in tomato and onion mixture and mix them.
- Cover pan with lid and cook mixture for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove lid and you will see mixture is boiling.
- Give it a quick stir and add in red chilli powder, salt and sugar and mix them well and cook sauce for few more minutes.
- Homemade Pizza Sauce is ready.
- If you don’t want your sauce to be sweet then you can skip sugar.
- If you don’t eat onion and garlic then you can add capsicum in it.
- Allow sauce to cool down completely before using it for some other recipe.
Please try this recipe and share your feedback with me
Connect with me – Facebook(LIKE) | YouTube(SUBSCRIBE) | Twitter(FOLLOW)
Coconut chutney is mainly a South Indian Chutney but you can serve it as an accompaniment with different types of paranthas, rice, sandwiches etc. It is very simple recipe which requires blending of Coconut with few other ingredients. It can be stored in fridge for 4-5 days.
Step – by – Step Video of Coconut Chutney
Prep Time – 10 Mins Cook Time – 5 Mins Serving – 2 Cups
- Roughly chopped Coconut – 1 Cup
- Green Chillies – 3
- Roughly chopped Coriander – 1/3 Cup
- Roasted Chana Dal or Daliya – 2 Tbsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Curd – 4 Tbsp.
- Water – 2-3 Tbsp.
- Ghee – 3 Tsp.
- Asafoetida – Pinch
- Mustard Seeds – 1 Tsp.
- Curry Leaves – 8-10
- Take roughly chopped coconut in a grinder
- Add in roughly chopped green chillies, coriander, chana dal, salt and curd
- Grind all ingredients with the help of little water.
- Now for tempering, heat ghee in a pan and add asafoetida and mustard seeds.
- On crackling of seeds, add in curry leaves and sauté for 5 seconds.
- Add grounded coconut mixture in it and mix the mixture well with the tempering.
- If you want your chutney to be white, you can avoid coriander.
- Green Chillies can be adjusted according to how spicy you want your chutney to be.
Enjoy coconut chutney with South Indian Cuisine and don’t forget to don’t forget to follow my blogs, facebook page, instagram and subscribe my youtube channel.
On my 50th post I got notification from WordPress that Surbhi Ki Rasoi got 500 likes. I am so happy to share this great news with you all. I want to Thanks everyone who liked my posts and supported me.
My today’s post is Sweet Tamarind Chutney.
Chutneys are very important part of Indian Cuisine. There are so many types of chutney that are used to enhance the flavor of any dish. Today I am making Sweet tamarind chutney. It is used with different types of Chaats and snacks. You can make it in a bulk and store it in an air tight container in a fridge for months.
Duration – 3 Hours Servings – 2 Cups
- Seedless Tamarind – 100 Gms.
- Jaggery or Gud – 2 Cups (Sweetness can be adjusted according to taste)
- Salt to Taste
- Black Salt to Taste
- Water – 1-2 Cups
- Soak tamarind in hot water for 2-3 hours.
- Grind the soaked tamarind in grinder and strain the pulp (do not add water while grinding).
- Now put strained pulp on heat and add jaggery and mix till jaggery starts to melt.
- Now add in salt and black salt.
- Cook chutney till one boil and switch off the flame.
- Water should be added according to your own choice of consistency.
- Sugar can also be added at the place of jaggery.
Enjoy this chutney with snacks and follow my blogs, like my facebook page, subscribe my youtube channel and follow my instagram for more such recipes. See you all with my next recipe. Till then
Duration – 20-25 Mins Serving – 2 Cups
- Garlic Cloves – ½ Cup
- Desiccated Coconut – 1 Cup
- Peanut – ½ Cup
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 Tbsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan and roast garlic cloves for 5 mins.
- In the same pan roast peanuts for another 5 mins.
- Now roast desiccated coconut in the same pan for 5 mins such that it changes it color to light brown. (Just take care coconut doesn’t burn)
- Now allow roasted garlic, peanuts and desiccated coconut to cool down completely.
- Take a grinder jar and add in all roasted ingredients, red chilli powder and salt and grind them all coarsely.
- Dry garlic chutney is ready. It can be served with any dish as it will enhance the flavor of any food. It can be used as a spread for making sandwiches, rolls etc. It is a must ingredient in Maharashtrian Style Vada Pav.
Tip – Instead of using red chilli powder you can also use 4-5 dry red chillies (whole). Just roast them in oil for 2-3 mins. and grind them with other ingredients. It will give nice taste and texture to chutney.
Step – by – Step procedure to make Dry Garlic Chutney
Enjoy spicy chutney and follow my Blogs, Facebook Page, Youtube Channel and Instagram