Indian Masala Chai (Tea) is one of the most popular beverages which one can find in all over India. No one in India can leave without masala chai. One thing that is common in every Indian is taking masala chai with their breakfast. There are many people in India who likes to drink chai 3-4 times in a day. It gives energy to them to do their work.
Ingredient which make masala chai most popular is the masala which is used to prepare the chai. Masala is prepared from the spices which are regularly used in our kitchen. It is very easy recipe but takes some time to get ready. All spices are needed to be kept at warm place for few days before using them.
It is not necessary to prepare the masala every time you make chai. Just prepare it in bulk and store it in a jar. It has a long shelf life.
Step – by – Step Video of Chai Masala Powder (Please Subscribe)
- Black Pepper Corn (Kali Mirchi) – 100 Gms.
- Cloves (Laung) – 50 Gms.
- Cardamom (Elaichi) – 100 Gms.
- Dried Ginger (Saunth) – 100 Gms.
- Cinnamon (Dalchini) – 50 Gms.
- Break saunth into pieces with the help of mortar and pestle.
- Mix all spices and keep them at warm place for 2 days.
- After 2 days, grind all spices in small batches.
- Pass the grounded powder through sieve.
- Grind leftover pieces and pass them through sieve again.
- Repeat the procedure again if pieces are left till fine powder is ready.
- Chai Masala is ready.
Please try this recipe and make energy booster masala chai (tea) from homemade masala and enjoy.