Kalakand is a very popular Indian Sweet. It is prepared on different festivals like Diwali and Holi. As festival of colors is coming so decided to share its recipe with you all.
It is prepared from sweetened milk and paneer. The traditional way of making this sweet takes long time so there is a quick way to make this sweet.
The quick Kalakand recipe requires cooking of crumbled paneer with condensed milk and for flavoring we can add cardamom powder. It gives a crumbly and grainy texture to dish. It can be prepared in a couple of hours.
Other festival special sweets and snacks
Step – by – Step Video of Kalakand (Please Subscribe and Support)
Serving – Will make around 20-24 pieces
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese) – 500 Gms
- Milk Powder – 3 Tbsp.
- Condensed Milk – 1 ½ Cups
- Powdered Elaichi – 1 Tsp.
- Almond Flakes – For Garnishing
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – For Greasing
- Crumble or grate paneer.
- Add crumbled paneer, milk powder and condensed milk in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add elaichi powder.
- Mix all ingredients and bring pan on heat on medium flame and allow it to cook while stirring continuously.
- When the mixture leaves the sides of the pan, switch of the flame.
- Grease plate with ghee and drop paneer mixture on it.
- Set the mixture on the greased plate and sprinkle almond flakes on it and allow it to cool for 2-3 hours.
- Cut Kalakand into pieces and serve.
Please try this recipe and share your feedback with me.