Mysore Masala Dosa is a South Indian Cuisine. It is a thin and crispy dosa made of fermented batter topped with chutney and potato masala and served with hot sambhar and coconut chutney. The process to make dosa takes time but it is very easy to make and tastes very delicious. Basically it is a South Indian dish but now it is available in all parts of India.
Step – by – Step Video of Mysore Masala Dosa (Please Subscribe and Support)
Serving – 5 – 6
Dosa Batter –
- Rice – 3 Cup
- Black Gram, Split and Skinless (Urad Dal)– 1 Cup
- Fenugreek Seeds (Methi Dana) – 1 Tbsp.
- Water – For Grinding
Potato Masala –
- Oil – 4 Tbsp.
- Asafoetida – Pinch
- Mustard Seeds – ½ Tsp.
- Cumin Seeds – ½ Tsp.
- Fennel Seeds – ½ Tsp.
- Soaked Split Bengal Gram (Chana Dal) – 1 Tsp.
- Soaked Black Gram, Split and Skinless (Urad Dal) – 1 Tsp.
- Curry Leaves – 12
- Roughly Chopped Green Chillies – 2 Tbsp.
- Julienne Sliced Onions – ½ Cup
- Boiled and Mashed Potatoes – 2 Cups
- Turmeric powder – ½ Tsp.
- Coriander Powder – 1 Tsp.
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
Chutney for Mysore Masala Dosa (will make 2 cups)
- Soaked Whole Dry Red Chilli – 10
- Garlic – 2 Tbsp.
- Lemon Juice – 1 Tbsp.
- Roasted Split Bengal Gram (Chana Dal) – 1 Cup
- Water for grinding
Dosa Batter –
- Wash rice and urad dal with fresh water 2-3 times and soak them with methi dana overnight.
- Now with the help of water grind soaked rice, urad dal and methi dana to a smooth batter. Keep batter at a warm place for 7 hours for fermentation.
- After 7 hours just stir the batter and add in salt and mix.
Potato Masala –
- Heat oil in a wok and add in asafoetida, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and fennel seeds.
- When seeds crackle, add in curry leaves.
- Add in green chilli and sauté it for 1 min.
- Add in soaked chana dal and urad dal and sauté them for 2-3 mins.
- Add in onion and sauté them until it turns translucent.
- Add in mashed potatoes and mix
- Add in salt, turmeric powder and coriander powder and mix
- Add in finely chopped coriander leaves and mix and cook masala for 5 more mins.
- Allow potato masala to cool down.
Chutney for Mysore Masala Dosa –
- Add roasted chana dal, garlic, soaked red chilli, salt and lemon juice in a grinder.
- Now with the help of water grind all ingredients finely to form chutney.
Making Mysore Masala Dosa –
- Heat flat tawa and clean it with wet cloth and spread one medium sized ladle of dosa batter on tawa and apply oil on all sides.
- Spread chutney on dosa.
- Place around 3 tbsp. of potato masala on chutney in middle of dosa.
- Cover it with the sides of dosa and apply oil and cook it till it turns crispy.
- Serve Mysore Masala Dosa with sambhar and coconut chutney.
- As no red chilli powder is added, Green Chilli can be adjusted according to your taste.
- If you want to add red chilli powder, you can add it and adjust green chilli accordingly.
- Boiled and mashed potatoes can be replaced with boiled and mashed raw banana.
- If you want to avoid garlic in chutney, you can avoid it.
Enjoy this yummy South Indian recipe and share your feedback with me.