Tomato Soup is very popular in all Indian restaurants as well as in every Indian household. It is best to serve it hot with starters. It is very easy, healthy and delicious soup prepared using ripe tomatoes and spices. I have also added onion, garlic and green chillies also. Sugar is added to adjust the tanginess of tomatoes. My mother use to make it more healthy by adding bottle gourd and spinach in it.
Step – by – Step Video of Tomato Soup
Prep Time – 20-25 Mins Cook Time – 15-20 Mins Serving – 5
- Tomatoes – 750 Gms
- Onions – 2 Nos.
- Garlic – 8 Cloves
- Green Chillies – 2 Nos.
- Ghee – 1 Tbsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Sugar – 2 Tbsp.
- Black Pepper Powder – 1 Tbsp.
- Water – 2 Cups
- Bread Croutons
- Fresh Cream – For Garnishing
- Boil tomatoes, onions, green chillies and garlic in a pressure cooker till one whistle.
- Allow boiled vegetables to cool down completely before grinding.
- Grind boiled vegetables to fine consistency
- Strain grounded mixture
- Heat ghee in a pan and pour in grounded mixture and water.
- Add black pepper powder and salt.
- Allow soup to boil.
- After one boil, add in sugar and mix.
- Garnish Tomato Soup with bread croutons and fresh cream.
Enjoy hot soup in this winter and share your feedback with me.