Bread Idli Chaat is an innovative recipe. It is very easy and quick recipe. It is a different form of chaat and tastes very delicious. My family enjoys a lot eating this chaat. In this recipe round bread slices are topped with mashed potatoes and is served in the form of chaat.
Step – by – Step Video of Bread Idli Chaat
Prep Time – 10 Mins Cook Time – 15 Mins Serving – 10 Idlis
- Boiled and Mashed Potatoes – 2 Cups
- Curd – 2 Cups + Water – ¼ Cup
- Bread Slices – 10 Nos.
- Oil – 6 Tbsp. + for cooking idlis
- Mustard Seeds – 1 Tsp.
- Hing – Pinch
- Chilli Powder – 4 Tsp.
- Salt – to taste
- Garam Masala – 1 Tsp.
- Finely Chopped Green Chillies – ½ Tbsp.
- Aloo Bhujia – For Garnishing
- Green Chutney – For Garnishing
- Tomato Ketchup / Imli Chutney – For Garnishing
- Chaat Masala
- Finely Chopped Onions – For Garnishing
- Heat 3 Tbsp. of oil in a wok and add green chillies and sauté it for min.
- Add mashed potatoes, 2 tsp. of red chilli powder, salt and garam masala.
- Add 2-3 Tbsp. of water and mix all ingredients properly and cook potato masala for 5 mins.
- Thin down the curd to a thick raita consistency with the help of some water.
- Now time to make tadka, for that take pan and heat up 3 tbsp. of oil and add hing and mustard seeds.
- On crackling of seeds, add 2 tsp. of red chilli powder and 2 tbsp. of water.
- Add this tadka in curd and add salt and mix well and keep it in refrigerator for 10-15 mins.
- Cut bread slices into round with the help of a round cookie cutter or anything which is round in shape.
- Now take small portion of potato mixture and spread a thin layer on the round shaped bread.
- Cook masala side of bread first with the help of oil.
- Flip bread and cook another side till it changes its color to golden brown.
- Now for serving – Take bowl and put idli in it and cover it totally with tadka curd.
- Garnish it with green chutney, tomato ketchup, finely chopped onions and aloo bhujia on top.
- Sprinkle chaat masala and serve.
Step – by – Step Picture of Bread Idli Chaat
- If you don’t eat potatoes, can replace it with raw banana.
- I have used white bread slices. You can use brown bread also.
- Curry leaves can also be added in tadka. It will give nice flavor.
- Spices can be adjusted according to your taste.
- Aloo Bhujia can be easily replaced with nylon sev.
- Leftover bread can be used as breadcrumbs for some other recipes.
Enjoy this yum chaat and share your feedback with me. I will see you all next time with new recipe. Till then