Methi Leaves (Fenugreek Leaves) are very nutritious. It is full of iron and one should include it in their diet. There are many recipes which can be made from Methi Leaves like Aloo Methi, Methi Thepla, Methi Mater Malai, Methi Muthia etc.
Methi Leaves is a Winter Leafy Vegetable. Atleast once a week different types of recipes from methi leaves is made at my home. My favorite is aloo methi, methi muthia, methi thepla. My today’s recipe is Aloo Methi. Aloo Methi is a North Indian Style Subzi. It is very easy and quick recipe.
Aloo (Potato) and Methi is a best combination to make. You can make aloo methi stuffed parantha or any type of fried snack item from it like samosa, tikkis. You can serve Aloo Methi ki Subzi with chapatti, rice or plain parantha.
Step – by – Step Video Aloo Methi ki Subzi
Prep Time – 10 Mins Cook Time – 15 Mins Serving – 4
- Chopped Methi (Fenugreek Leaves) – 3 Cups
- Potatoes – 5
- Oil – 6 Tbsp.
- Asafoetida – Pinch
- Mustard Seeds – ½ Tsp.
- Cumin Seeds – ½ Tsp.
- Fennel Seeds – ½ Tsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Red Chilli Powder – 3 Tbsp.
- Turmeric Powder – 1 Tsp.
- Coriander Powder – 1 ½ Tbsp.
- Cut potatoes into small cubes.
- Heat oil in a wok and add asafoetida, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and fennel seeds.
- On crackling of seeds, add cubed potatoes and salt and mix.
- Cover wok with lid and cook potatoes until they are soft.
- Now add chopped methi, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder and mix.
- Cook Subzi for 5 mins.
Enjoy Aloo Methi ki Subzi in this Cold Weather and share your feedback with me. I will see you in my next blog with new recipe. Till then bye…