Atte ka Halwa is very popular Sweet Dessert in North India. It is very easy to make as it requires only few ingredients which are easily available at our home and can be made for any occasion or any day when you want to have something sweet. Atte ka Halwa tastes best when served hot.
Step – by – Step Video of Atte ka Halwa
Prep Time – 5 mins Cook Time – 30 Mins Serving – 4
- Wheat Flour – 1 Cup
- Sugar – 1 Cup
- Ghee or Clarified Butter – ¾ Cup
- Hot Water – 3 Cups
- Chopped Dry Fruits (of your choice)– For Garnishing
- Gram Flour – 3 Tbsp.
- Heat ghee in a wok.
- Add in wheat flour and start roasting it on medium flame.
- Stir continuously while roasting so that it doesn’t stick to wok.
- Keep roasting it until it changes it color and you get the aroma of roasted wheat flour.
- Now its time to add a twist i.e. gram flour. Add gram flour in it.
- Keep on stirring the mixture and roast it until the mixture gets golden brown.
- Now add hot water (Be careful after adding water, mixture will splutter) and stir the mixture so that no lumps are formed.
- Now add sugar and cook it till it gets fully dissolved.
- After the sugar gets dissolved switch off the flame.
- Garnish Halwa with finely chopped dry fruits and serve it hot.
See you all in next blog. Till then