Chilli Garlic Potatoes is an Indo-Chinese Cuisine. It can be served as a Starter. To make this, deep fried potato wedges are tossed in sweet chilli sauce. It is very easy and quick recipe. It’s my favorite starter. I always search for it whenever we go to any restaurant.
Prep Time – 20 Mins Cook Time – 20 Mins Serving – 2
- Potato Wedges – 3 Cup
- Finely Chopped Spring Onion, Whites – ½ Cup
- Crushed Garlic – 1 Tbsp.
- Cornflour – 3 Tbsp.
- Black Pepper Powder – 1 Tsp. + ½ Tbsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Oil – 3 Tbsp. + for Frying
- Tomato Sauce – 4 Tbsp.
- Red Chilli Sauce – 2 Tsp.
- Vinegar – 1 Tsp.
- Soya Sauce – 2 Tsp.
- Chopped Spring Onions, Green – for Garnishing
- Take potato wedges in a mixing bowl and add in cornflour.
- Add in salt and 1 tsp. of black pepper powder.
- Add around 2 – 3 Tbsp. of water and mix all ingredients.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep fry potato wedges.
- Now for sauce, heat 3 tbsp. of oil in a pan and add crushed garlic and sauté it for 1 min.
- Add finely chopped spring onion whites and sauté it for 2-3 mins. (Instead of spring onion you can use normal onions also)
- Add in tomato sauce, red chilli sauce, vinegar and soya sauce.
- Add in salt and ½ Tbsp. of black pepper powder. (Please take care of salt as we have added it earlier also in fried potatoes)
- Mix all ingredients of sauce and cook them for 5 mins.
- Add in fried potatoes and coat them properly with sauce.
- Garnish Chilli Garlic Potatoes with spring onions green.
Enjoy this yummy starter with your friends and relatives and share your experience with me. See you all in next blog till then