Coconut chutney is mainly a South Indian Chutney but you can serve it as an accompaniment with different types of paranthas, rice, sandwiches etc. It is very simple recipe which requires blending of Coconut with few other ingredients. It can be stored in fridge for 4-5 days.
Step – by – Step Video of Coconut Chutney
Prep Time – 10 Mins Cook Time – 5 Mins Serving – 2 Cups
- Roughly chopped Coconut – 1 Cup
- Green Chillies – 3
- Roughly chopped Coriander – 1/3 Cup
- Roasted Chana Dal or Daliya – 2 Tbsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Curd – 4 Tbsp.
- Water – 2-3 Tbsp.
- Take roughly chopped coconut in a grinder
- Add in roughly chopped green chillies, coriander, chana dal, salt and curd
- Grind all ingredients with the help of little water.
- Now for tempering, heat ghee in a pan and add asafoetida and mustard seeds.
- On crackling of seeds, add in curry leaves and sauté for 5 seconds.
- Add grounded coconut mixture in it and mix the mixture well with the tempering.
- If you want your chutney to be white, you can avoid coriander.
- Green Chillies can be adjusted according to how spicy you want your chutney to be.