Masala Pav is a spicy Mumbai street food in which pav is stuffed with spicy onion – tomato – capsicum filling. It is one of the famous street foods of Mumbai. There two masala pav are served in a plate and it is well enough to calm our appetite. It can be served as a snack or it can also be taken in a main course (I mostly take it in dinner). Enjoy this popular street food from Mumbai and don’t forget to follow my blogs, facebook page, instagram and subscribe my youtube channel.
Step – by – Step Procedure Video of Masala Pav
Prep Time – 15 Mins Cook Time – 30 Mins Total Time – 45 Mins Serving – 10 Masala Pav
- Finely Chopped Tomatoes – 2 Cups
- Finely Chopped Onions – 4 Cups
- Finely Chopped Capsicum – 2 Cups
- Butter – 5 Tbsp.
- Asafoetida – ½ Tsp.
- Red Chilli Garlic Paste – 6 Tbsp.
- Cumin Seeds – 1 Tbsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 ½ Tbsp.
- Turmeric Powder – 1 Tsp.
- Coriander Powder – 1 Tbsp.
- Pav Bhaji Masala – 1 Tbsp.
- Lemon Juice – 1 ½ Tbsp.
- Pav – 10
- Butter for toasting pav
- Heat butter in a pan and add asafoetida and cumin seeds.
- On crackling of seeds, add red chilli garlic paste and cook it for 2-3 mins.
- Now add finely chopped onions and cook them for 5 mins.
- Add finely chopped capsicum and cook them for another 5 mins.
- Now add finely chopped tomatoes and cook all vegetables for 5 mins. more.
- Now add red chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and pav bhaji masala.
- Mix all spices properly and add little water and cook them for 5 mins.
- Now with the help of potato masher, mash the masala and add lemon juice.
- Now apply butter on a flat tawa and add portion of prepared masala and sauté it for few seconds.
- Slit 1 pav vertically and toast it from both side and place it on the masala.
- Spread the masala over the pav till it covers all sides of pav.
- Serve masala pav with lemon wedges.
Enjoy and see you all in next blog till then