On my 50th post I got notification from WordPress that Surbhi Ki Rasoi got 500 likes. I am so happy to share this great news with you all. I want to Thanks everyone who liked my posts and supported me.
My today’s post is Sweet Tamarind Chutney.
Chutneys are very important part of Indian Cuisine. There are so many types of chutney that are used to enhance the flavor of any dish. Today I am making Sweet tamarind chutney. It is used with different types of Chaats and snacks. You can make it in a bulk and store it in an air tight container in a fridge for months.
Duration – 3 Hours Servings – 2 Cups
- Seedless Tamarind – 100 Gms.
- Jaggery or Gud – 2 Cups (Sweetness can be adjusted according to taste)
- Salt to Taste
- Black Salt to Taste
- Water – 1-2 Cups
- Soak tamarind in hot water for 2-3 hours.
- Grind the soaked tamarind in grinder and strain the pulp (do not add water while grinding).
- Now put strained pulp on heat and add jaggery and mix till jaggery starts to melt.
- Now add in salt and black salt.
- Cook chutney till one boil and switch off the flame.
- Water should be added according to your own choice of consistency.
- Sugar can also be added at the place of jaggery.