This is my 50th post. I am so happy. I want to thanks everyone who followed me and viewed my post.
My today’s recipe is Vada Pav. Vada Pav is a popular street food in Mumbai and some other parts of India also. It is very easy to make and very delicious and tasty. It consists of deep fried vada made from potato sandwiched between pav. You can have it during any time of the day. It is served with fried green chillies or mint and coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.
Duration – 30 Mins Serving – 15
- Gram Flour or Besan – 3 Cups or as required to make 15 vadas
- Salt – 1 Tbsp.
- Water – 1 ½ Cups or as required to make smooth batter
- Boiled and Mashed Potato (Aloo) – 4 Cups
- Green Chilli and Garlic Paste (grind coarsely green chilli and garlic) – 3 Tbsp.
- Oil – 6 Tbsp.
- Asafoetida – Pinch
- Mustard Seeds – 1 Tsp.
- Cumin Seeds – 1 Tsp.
- Fennel Seeds – 1 Tsp.
- Curry Leaves – 12
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 Tbsp.
- Turmeric Powder – ½ Tsp.
- Coriander Powder – 2 Tsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Oil for Deep Frying
- Pav – 15
- Dry Garlic Chutney
- Fried Green Chillies
- Take gram flour in a mixing bowl and add in salt.
- Prepare smooth batter with the help of water.
- Heat oil in a wok and add asafoetida, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and fennel seeds.
- On crackling of seeds, add in curry leaves.
- Add in green chilli and garlic paste and cook it for 2-3 mins.
- Add in mashed potatoes, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Mix all ingredients and cook them for 5-10 mins.
- Allow masala to cool down completely.
- Divide masala into small 15 balls.
- Dip each ball into gram flour batter and deep fry them.
- Now take Pav and slit it horizontally into two equal halves and keep one side connected.
- Spread 1 tbsp. of dry garlic chutney.
- Place prepared vada on garlic chutney
- Vada Pav is ready to be served with fried green chillies or tomato ketchup or mint and coriander chutney or dry garlic chutney.
Step – by- Step procedure video of Vada Pav