Duration – 20-25 Mins Serving – 2 Cups
- Garlic Cloves – ½ Cup
- Desiccated Coconut – 1 Cup
- Peanut – ½ Cup
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 Tbsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan and roast garlic cloves for 5 mins.
- In the same pan roast peanuts for another 5 mins.
- Now roast desiccated coconut in the same pan for 5 mins such that it changes it color to light brown. (Just take care coconut doesn’t burn)
- Now allow roasted garlic, peanuts and desiccated coconut to cool down completely.
- Take a grinder jar and add in all roasted ingredients, red chilli powder and salt and grind them all coarsely.
- Dry garlic chutney is ready. It can be served with any dish as it will enhance the flavor of any food. It can be used as a spread for making sandwiches, rolls etc. It is a must ingredient in Maharashtrian Style Vada Pav.
Tip – Instead of using red chilli powder you can also use 4-5 dry red chillies (whole). Just roast them in oil for 2-3 mins. and grind them with other ingredients. It will give nice taste and texture to chutney.
Step – by – Step procedure to make Dry Garlic Chutney