Corn is a versatile ingredient which can be used to make many dishes. It is a very common ingredient which you can find in all over India. It is loved by everyone. The most common way to eat corn is to heat corn cob on charcoal or Masala Corn. You can use corn to make soups and various types of snack items also.
Today I am making Corn Chaat, another name of Masala Corn. It is made from sweet corns. It is very healthy snack item which you can have during your evening tea time.
Prep Time -10 Mins Cook Time – 5 Mins Total Time – 15 Mins Servings – 3
- Sweet Corn – 3 Cups
- Finely Chopped Onions – ¾ Cup
- Finely Chopped Tomato – ¾ Cup
- Butter – 1 Tbsp.
- Black Salt – 1 1/2 Tsp.
- Cumin Powder – 2 Tsp.
- Chaat Masala – 2 Tsp.
- Lemon Juice – ½ Tbsp.
- Take butter in a mixing bowl
- Add sweet corn, finely chopped onion and finely chopped tomato.
- Add black salt, cumin powder, chaat masala and lemon juice.
- Mix all ingredients well.
Step – by – Step Video of Corn Chaat
- If you are using freeze dried sweet corns instead of fresh sweet corns then just soak them in hot water for at least 20-25 mins.
- In vegetables you can also use capsicum or cucumber.
Nutritional Benefits of Sweet Corns (Source Google)–
Sweet Corn is rich in minerals and vitamins which –
- Improve cardiovascular health
- Prevent lung cancer development
- Helps to enhance mental health
- Protect against age-related eye diseases.