There are various ways to prepare Dal Dhokli like Gujarati Dal Dhokli and Rajasthani Dal Dhokli. Gujarati Dal Dhokli is sweet one and Rajasthani Dal Dhokli is a spicy one. It is a traditional recipe in which savory dumplings made of wheat flour and gram flour simmered in two different types of dal. It is a complete meal in itself. It is my favorite.
Prep Time – 15 Mins Cook Time – 20 Mins Total Time – 35 Mins Servings – 4
- Besan (Gram Flour) – 1 Cup
- Wheat Flour – ½ Cup
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 Tbsp
- Salt to Taste
- Asafoetida (Hing) – Pinch
- Turmeric Powder – ½ Tsp.
- Cumin Powder – 1 Tsp.
- Carom Seeds (Ajwain) – 1 Tsp.
- Oil – 3 Tbsp.
- Water – ½ Cup
- Chilka Moong Dal (Green Gram, split, with skin) – ½ Cup
- Yellow Moong Dal (Green Gram, Split) – ½ Cup
- Oil – 4 Tbsp.
- Asafoetida – Pinch
- Mustard Seeds – 1 Tsp.
- Cumin Seeds – 1 Tsp.
- Fennel Seeds – 1 Tsp.
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 ½ Tbsp.
- Coriander Powder – 1 Tbsp.
- Turmeric Powder – 1 Tsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Water – 4 Cups
- Take both flours in a mixing bowl.
- Add asafoetida, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and carom seeds.
- Add oil and with the help of water knead dough.
- Now divide dough into three small balls.
- Roll one ball at a time and with the help of knife cut it in the shape of square.
- Wash both dal 2-3 times and soak them in fresh water for 15 mins.
- Heat oil in a Pressure Cooker.
- Add asafoetida, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and fennel seeds.
- On crackling of seeds, add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt and with the help of ½ Cup of water cook all spices.
- Now add soaked dal and remaining water and cook it until one boil.
- Now add dhoklis and cover the cooker with lid.
- Now for 10 mins. or till one whistle cook dal dhokli on high flame and after that low the flame and cook it for another 10 mins.
- Garnish dal dhokli with onion, lemon slice and coriander leaves.
Enjoy this traditional recipe with your near and dear ones and follow my blogs and facebook page and subscribe my youtube channel for more such recipes