As Diwali is near so I thought that I should share some Snack recipes with you. Diwali is my favorite festivals because during this festival I get chance to cook variety of snacks and sweets, decorate home with beautiful lights and Clay Diyas, draw rangoli outside house, doing pooja and visiting our near and dear ones to celebrate this auspicious festival.
Today I will be sharing very simple snack recipe i.e. MAIDE KE MASALA KAJU. The main ingredients of this recipe are All Purpose Flour i.e. Maida (as name suggest), good amount of oil (as it will give crunch to Kaju) and Curd (as it will help dough to rise).
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 1 Kg
- Oil – ¾ Cup
- Curd – ½ Cup
- Salt – 3 Tbsp.
- Water – as much needed to knead a tight dough
- Dry Mango Powder – 2 Tbsp.
- Roasted Cumin Powder – 2 Tbsp.
- Mint Powder – 1 Tbsp.
- Salt – 1 Tbsp.
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 Tbsp.
Oil for Frying
- Take all – purpose flour and add in oil and salt and mix well.
- Now add in curd and knead tight dough with the help of water.
- Cover dough and keep it aside for 20-25 mins.
- Divide dough into small balls (not too small ).
- Take two balls at a time and roll them little bit separately.
- Place both rolled balls on each other and roll them further to a large round shape.
- Now take small cap of bottle and with the help of it make kaju shape on rolled dough (just place half of the cap on dough and cut it)
8. Deep fry Kaju.
9. Mix dry mango powder, roasted cumin powder, mint powder, salt and red chilli powder in a bowl and prepare a dry masala.
10. Sprinkle dry masala on fried kaju and serve.
- Add good amount of oil (Moin) while kneading dough as it will help Kaju to get crispy
- Sprinkle dry masala on kaju when they are hot otherwise masala will not stick to the kaju properly.
I have already shared some sweet recipes –
I have also shared some hot snacks which you can serve to your guests
Enjoy Masala Kaju with your Guest and Follow my blogs and facebook page for more such recipes.
HAPPY DIWALI !