Boondi Raita is a very refreshing recipe and loved by almost everyone. It is my favorite raita. As it is very easy to make, so I prefer to eat it every day in summer.
Because of the cooling, soothing and nutritious benefits of curd, every nutritionist suggest eating curd in summers. Instead of eating plain curd, I use to make different raitas and among all raita, Boondi Raita is my favorite.
Boondi are tiny gram flour balls which are easily available in market. To make a delicious Boondi Raita, boondi is firstly soaked in hot water and after that added to a spiced curd mixture. Serve boondi raita with Vegetable Pulao or Biryani.
Cook Time -10-15 Mins Chilling Time – 20 Mins Servings – 4
- Curd – 2 Cups
- Water – 1 Cup
- Powdered Sugar – 5 Tbsp.
- Mint Powder – 1 Tbsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Cumin Powder – 1 Tbsp.
- Black Pepper Powder – 1 Tbsp.
- Boondi – 3 Cups
- Take curd in a mixing bowl and add water in it.
- Whisk curd and water with the help of a whisker.
- Add sugar, mint powder, salt, cumin powder and black pepper powder and mix all ingredients well.
- Soak Boondi in hot water for 10-12 mins only.
- Drain water from soaked Boondi.
- Add soaked Boondi in curd mixture and Boondi raita is ready.
- Garnish Boondi Raita with coriander leaves and cumin powder and serve it chilled.
- Consistency of curd should not be too thin.
- Don’t soak Boondi for long in hot water otherwise it will get mushy.
Enjoy this refreshing raita with your friends and relatives and let me know how was your experience. For more such recipes follow my blogs and facebook page . Till then bye and see you all in my next blog “Instant Coconut Ladoo”