Today I will be sharing with you all the recipe of Dal Pakwan
Dal Pakwan is a typical and authentic Sindhi (Indian) Cuisine. It consists of deep fried pakwan served with dal which is topped with chutneys, onion and some coriander leaves. If you don’t garnish it with onion then it is no onion no garlic recipe and it can be served to people who don’t eat onion and garlic. As such it is a breakfast item, but it can be served during lunch or dinner. In our family we usually eat this at dinner time.
Prep Time – 20 Mins Cook Time – 15 Mins Total Time – 35 Mins Servings – 4
- Chana Dal (Split Bengal Gram ) – 1 ¼ Cups
- Water – 2 Cups
- Oil – 6 Tbsp.
- Hing (Asafoetida) – Pinch
- Mustard Seeds (Rai) – ½ Tsp
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera) – ½ Tsp.
- Fennel Seeds (Saunf) – ½ Tsp.
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 Tbsp.
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi) – ½ Tsp.
- Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder) – ½ Tbsp.
- Salt to Taste
- All Purpose Flour – 3 Cups
- Salt – 2 Tsp.
- Oil – 3 Tbsp. + For Frying
- Carom Seeds (Ajwain) – 1 Tsp.
- Cumin Powder – 1 Tsp.
- Water to Knead Dough – ¾ Cups
- Mint & Coriander Chutney
- Tamarind Chutney
- Finely Chopped Onions
- Coriander Leaves
- Wash dal 2-3 times and pressure cook it until it is soft.
- Heat oil in a wok and add asafoetida, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and allow them to crackle.
- On crackling of seeds, add pressure cooked dal.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder and mix all ingredients well.
- Now take another bowl and add in all – purpose flour, salt, oil, carom seeds and cumin powder and with the help of water knead dough.
- Divide dough into small portions and roll each portion in the shape of round disk to form pakwans
- Make small holes on it with the help of fork.
- Deep fry all pakwans
- Now for serving – Take cooked dal in small bowl and garnish it with both chutneys, onions and coriander leaves and serve it with pakwans.
Surprise your friends and relatives with this recipe and enjoy with them eating and let me know how it came out to be. Follow my blogs and facebook page for more such recipes. Till then bye and see you all in my next blog