Besan ke Ladoo is a very popular Indian dessert during festivals. As Diwali is coming (my favorite festival) so thought of sharing this popular Indian dessert with you all. It can be prepared to celebrate other occasions also. It is very easy and quick recipe which can be prepared with only few ingredients. It can be easily stored for around 4-5 weeks.
Prep Time – 5 mins Cook Time – 30 mins Serving – 20
- Besan (Gram Flour) – 3 Cups
- Melted Ghee (Clarified Butter) – ¾ Cup
- Powdered Sugar – 1 Cup
- Finely Chopped Cashew Nuts and Almonds – ¼ Cup (Optional)
- Heat ghee in a wok.
- Add in gram flour and mix well.
- Roast it on a low flame and stir continuously so that it doesn’t get stick to the bottom of the wok.
- Roast it until you get nice aroma out of it and it changes color to light brown.
- Now allow it to cool completely.
- Add finely chopped nuts and powdered sugar and mix them until sugar gets perfectly blended with the roasted gram flour and mixture becomes smooth.
- Now divide mixture into small portions and shape them into ladoos.
- Green Cardamom Powder can also be added. It will give nice flavor to Ladoo. I have not added it because I don’t like the taste of cardamom.
- Nuts like pistachios or raisins or any other nuts of your choice can also be added.
- Before adding sugar, roasted gram flour mixture should be completely cool down, otherwise on adding sugar it will leave moisture and it will become difficult to give shape to ladoos.
- Because of moist in mixture if you are not able to form ladoo then keep mixture in fridge for some time. Ghee will solidify and you will be easily able to form ladoo.
Enjoy this ladoos with your friends and relatives on this Diwali and share your experience with me. Follow my blogs and Facebook page for more such recipes. Have a nice day!