Rajma cutlets are very healthy and tasty snack item, perfect for evening tea time. My sister is not very big fan of rajma so I have to make something different from it so that she can eat and at the same time enjoy eating rajma. To make it healthy I have shallow fried the cutlets instead of deep frying. To make it more healthier you can use more vegetables like capsicum, carrots and peas.
- Flat Pan
Prep Time – 8 – 9 Hours Cook Time – 30 Mins Serving – 25 Cutlets
- Rajma (Kidney Beans) – 1 Cup
- Potato – 7 Nos
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 Cup
- Bread Crumbs – 1 Cup
- Salt to Taste
- Garam Masala to Taste
- Wash rajma 2-3 times and soak it in hot water with little salt for at least 7-8 hours.
- Pressure cook soaked rajma such that it can be easily mashed. Drain excess water.
- Grind cooked rajma in a grinder to make a smooth paste.
- Cut potatoes into half and boil them.
- Peel skin of boiled potato and mash them.
- Add grounded paste of rajma in mashed potatoes.
- Add in finely chopped onions and bread crumbs.
- Add salt and garam masala and mix all ingredients well.
- Make small cutlets of the mixture and keep them in fridge for 15-20 mins.
- Take out cutlets from fridge and shallow fry them.
- Serve cutlets with tomato ketchup or mint & coriander chutney(for recipe click MINT & CORIANDER CHUTNEY)
Tip – If the mixture is sticky (means while making cutlet mixture sticks on hand) then add more bread crumbs in mixture.
If you like it then please follow my blogs for more such recipes and share it with your friends and relatives so that they can also enjoy my recipes. Also follow my blog on Facebook and Instagram