Thepla is a Gujarati Snack. There are different types of Thepla which are made in all over India such as Methi (Fenugreek Leaves) Thepla, Dal (Lentils) Thepla, Lauki (Bottle Gourd) Thepla etc. Today I am making Dal Thepla.
It is a best way to use leftover dal at our home. At my home it is cooked when we have to travel for long. It is very light and healthy.
It is a best food for Vegetarians to take if you are going to a place where veg. food is difficult to get because it stays good for 2-3 days.
It is one of the best breakfast recipes on the day when you have little time as it can be prepared quickly.
It is very useful recipe for kids who don’t eat vegetables because Frankie or rolls can be made from Thepla with different Vegetable fillings and with different kind of sauces.
Equipment Used –
- Pressure Cooker
- Flat Pan
- Rolling Pin
- Measuring Cups
Prep Time – 30 Mins Cook Time – 15 Mins Total Time – 45 Mins Serving – 4
- Split Green Gram with Skin (छिलका मूंग दाल) – ¾ Cup (Turn Organic Moong Split Chilka, 500g)
- Wheat Flour (गेहूं का अट्टा)– 1 ¼ Cups
- Gram Flour (बेसन)– 1 Cup (24 Mantra Organic Besan (Gram) Flour, 500g)
- Red Chilli Powder (लाल मिर्ची पाउडर) – 4 Tbsp.
- Turmeric Powder (हल्दी) – 1 Tsp.
- Salt to Taste (नमक)
- Cumin Powder (जीरा पाउडर) – ½ Tbsp.
- Carom Seeds (अजवाइन) – ½ Tbsp.
- Oil (तेल) – 2 Tbsp. + For Greasing
- Water as required for Kneading Soft Dough (पानी)
- Wash and clean dal for 2-3 times.
- Transfer dal in pressure cooker and pressure cook it until dal gets soft.
- Now take a bowl and add in wheat flour, gram flour, cooked dal, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, cumin powder, carom seeds and 2 tbsp. of oil and knead Soft dough with the help of water.
- Keep dough aside for 15 – 20 mins.
- Divide dough into 10 equal balls
- Roll out each ball into thin chapattis with the help of rolling pin.
- Heat flat pan and put Thepla on it and cook both sides with the help of oil.
- Serve Theplas with Curd. (Theplas can be served with Tomato Ketchup, Mango Pickle or Mint &Coriander Chutney)
Refer WordPress – https://refer.wordpress.com/r/2102/wordpress-com/