Aloo Chaat is a Savory Potato Snack. It is very famous Street Food item in North India made from fried potato mixed with different chutneys and spices. It can be eaten as an evening snack or as a starter. It is very easy and simple recipe to make.Whenever you have extra boiled potatoes in your fridge then it can be used to make aloo chaat. Mint & Coriander and Red Chilli Chutney can be easily found in every house and because of that it becomes very handy to make aloo chaat.
Prep Time – 15 Mins Cook Time – 10 Mins Total time – 25 Mins Servings – 2
- Potato – 6
- Mint & Coriander Chutney (Click here for recipe MINT & CORIANDER CHUTNEY) – 2 Tbsp.
- Red Chilli Chutney (Click here for recipe RED CHILLI CHUTNEY) – 2 Tbsp.
- Lemon Juice – 1 Tbsp.
- Chaat Masala – According to Taste
- Oil for Frying
- Cut potatoes in half and par boil them. It will take around 10 mins.
- Peel skin of boiled potato and cut them into small pieces or cubes.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep fry cubed potatoes.
- Take a mixing bowl and add in fried potatoes, mint & coriander chutney, red chilli chutney, lemon juice and chaat masala and mix well.
- Aloo Chaat is ready to be served
So enjoy this recipe with your loved ones and let me know how you and your loved ones like it and subscribe to my blogs for more such recipes.
Let’s make something hot and spicy and i.e. Red Chilli Chutney. It is one of my favorite chutney. I use to make it in a bulk and store in fridge so that I can enjoy it for long. It is made from dry red chillies which enhances the flavor of many Indian food items.
Prep Time – 30 Mins Cook Time – 15 Mins Total Time – 45 Mins Serving – 2 Cup
- Whole Dry Red Chilli – 20-25
- Garlic Cloves – 12-15
- Salt to Taste
- Oil – 4 Tbsp.
- Soak red chillies in water for 30 mins.
- Take a grinder and add in soaked red chillies, garlic and salt and grind them with water (around 3 tbsp. or more can be added depending on how liquid you want the chutney to be)
- Heat oil in wok and add chutney in it and cook it well for 10 mins.
- Serve it with any food of your choice.
Tip – Sautéing chutney is totally optional. But if sautéed in oil, it will give nice color, taste and texture to chutney.
Enjoy hot and spicy chutney and follow my blogs for more such recipes
Thanks for visiting☺️
You all must be thinking why I am posting paneer recipes so much. It is third recipe of paneer which I will be posting in two weeks. Actually paneer is a very versatile ingredient which can be used in many recipes and it is easily available also.
My today’s recipe is Butter Paneer Masala in Restaurant Style. Butter Paneer Masala is most popular dish in every Indian Restaurant so thought of recreating it at home and it came out to be awesome. This is also my Mom’s recipe. Previously I made HYDERABADI ALOO (Mom’s Recipe) which was also yum.
Butter Paneer Masala can be best served with Lachedar Parantha, Naan and Rice.
Prep Time – 10-15 Mins Cook Time – 15 Mins Total Time – 30 Mins Serving – 4
- Paneer (Cubed or Diced) – 350 Gms.
- Turmeric Powder – ½ Tsp.
- Water – 1 Tbsp.
- Oil – 6 Tbsp.
- Mustard Seeds – ½ Tsp.
- Cumin Seeds – ½ Tsp.
- Fennel Seeds – ½ Tsp.
- Onion Paste – 1 ½ Cups
- Tomato Paste – 1 ¼ Cups
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 Tbsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Kasuri Methi – 3 Tsp.
- Cream – 3 Tbsp.
- Tomato Ketchup – 2 Tbsp.
- Milk – 1 Cup
- Square Shaped Capsicum – 1 Cup
- Square Shaped Tomato – ½ Cup
- Onion Rings – 1 Cup
- Butter- 3 Tsp.
- Take a mixing bowl and prepare a paste of turmeric powder and water and marinate paneer pieces and leave it for 15 mins.
- Heat oil in a wok and add in mustard seed, fennel seeds and cumin seeds and allow them to crackle.
- Now add onion paste and cook it for 2-3 mins.
- Add tomato paste and cook it for 2-3 mins. more
- Now add red chilli powder, salt and kasuri methi and cook all spices with water (around 2 tbsp.)
- Now add cream and tomato ketchup and mix well.
- Add marinated paneer pieces and mix.
- Add milk and cook for good 5 mins. and switch off flame.
- Heat butter in another wok and add capsicum, tomato and onion and sauté them with little salt (add salt accordingly as we have added it in main gravy also) for few mins.
- Add sauté vegetables in main gravy and mix well.
My craving for chocolates and cakes has not limit. I want them 365 days. So instead of purchasing from market, thought of making at home and that also without baking. This will be my second cake. First cake was Eggless Sponge Cake (Eggless Sponge Cake).
This cake is very easy which can be prepared with only 3 ingredients and does not require any flour, eggs and baking.
I have given a twist to a recipe instead of using Digestive Biscuits, I have used Chocolate Biscuits (Bourbon)
Prep Time – 15-20 Mins Cake Setting Time – Overnight
- Bourbon Biscuits – 25-30
- Condensed Milk – 1 Cup
- Butter – 1 Tbsp.
- Separate cream from the biscuit
- Break biscuit into small pieces
- Take a mixing bowl and add in condensed milk, cream (separated from biscuit) and butter
- Microwave them for 20 secs. and mix well
- Add in biscuit pieces and properly coat it with chocolate mixture
- Take a cake mould and add biscuit mixture in it.
- Properly level the mixture and keep it in the fridge overnight
- The following day simply take it out of the fridge and cut into slices
- At the time of serving, drizzle chocolate sauce on it
Tip – if the mixture of the cake is wet then add more pieces of biscuit to adjust the consistency. If the mixture is too wet it will take more time to set.