Paryushan Parv Recipe No 5 – Khatta Dhokla
Khatta Dhokla is another variety of Dhokla which is a Traditional Gujarati Snack.It is very light and easy to make. It is prepared from rice and different lentils which are grinded with the help of sour curd to make fine batter.
Khatta Dhokla is a very common dish which my mother used to make a lot but this time I have made it and it was my first attempt and it came out to be awesome.
Equipment Used –
- Tadka Pan
- Measuring Cups
Prep Time – 8 Hours Cook Time – 30 Mins Total Time – 9 Hours 30 Mins Serving – 8
- Rice (चावल)– 3 Cups
- Split Bengal Gram (चना दाल) – 1 Cup
- Split Black Gram (उड़द दाल ) – ½ Cup
- Sour Curd (खट्टा दही)– 1 ½ Cups
- Salt to Taste (नमक)
- Soda Bi-Carb (खाने का सोडा) – 1 Tsp.
- Oil (तेल) – 6 Tbsp. for Tempering + 1 Tbsp. or as required for greasing
- Mustard Seeds (राई) – 1 Tbsp.
- Red Chilli Powder (लाल मिर्ची पाउडर)
- Wash rice and both lentils properly with water for 2-3 times and soak them in clean water for overnight.
- Now take a grinder and grind rice and lentils with curd and water around ½ Cup and prepare a smooth batter.
- Allow the batter to rest for 8 hours in warm place.
- Now divide the batter into two big bowls.
- Grease steamer plates with oil and heat water in steamer on medium flame
- Now take the batter of one bowl and salt and ½ tsp. of soda and mix well.
- Now place greased plate in steamer and add batter in which salt and soda is already there upto ¼ of the plate capacity.
- Now sprinkle red chilli powder on the batter.
- Cover the steamer with the lid and allow to steam. (It will take around 15 mins to steam)
- After 15 mins, insert a knife and check whether it is coming out clean and if not then steam for few more mins.
- After steaming allow it to cool down and cut it into small pieces
- Now heat oil in tadka pan and add mustard seeds and allow it to crackle.
- Pour tempering on dhokla pieces in such a way that all dhokla pieces are covered by it properly.
- Serve it with fried Green Chillies.
- For making tempering White Sesame Seeds, Curry Leaves and Coriander Leaves can also be used. It will give nice color to our Dhoklas.
Refer WordPress – https://refer.wordpress.com/r/2102/wordpress-com/