Paryushan Parv Recipe No. 4 – Dahi Vada
Dahi Vada is one snack which is liked by almost everyone. It is a recipe which is famous in every Indian household. It is very easy and simple to make and delicious to eat. There was a time when I did not like Dahi Vada, but now they are one of my favorites.
Equipment Used –
Prep Time – 5 Hours Cook Time – 30 Mins Total Time – 5 Hours 30 Mins Serving – 5
- Split Black Gram (उरद दाल)– 2 Cups
- Split Green Gram (मूंग दाल) – ½ Cup (24 Mantra Organic Moong Dal, 1kg)
- Asafoetida (हींग) – ½ Tsp.
- Salt to Taste (नमक)
- Water (पानी) – For grinding batter and soaking of vadas
- Oil for deep frying Vadas (तेल)
For Curd –
- Curd (दही) – 4 Cups.
- Salt to Taste (नमक)
- Black Pepper Powder (काली मिर्ची पाउडर) – 1 Tbsp.
- Powdered Sugar (पीसी हुई शक्कर) – 4 Tbsp.
For Serving –
- Tamarind Chutney (इमली की चटनी)
- Salt (नमक)
- Red Chilli Powder (लाल मिर्ची पाउडर)
- Roasted Cumin Powder (भुना हुआ जीरा पाउडर ) (Spice Platter Roasted Jeera Powder ( Roasted Cumin Powder) , 100 g (100g))
- Wash all grams properly with water for 2-3 times and soak them in clean water for 5 hours.
- Now take grinder and grind soaked grams, salt, asafoetida and water as required to make smooth batter.
- Stir batter briskly for few mins so that vadas will be fluffy and soft.
- Now heat oil in wok on medium flame.
- To check the temperature of oil, just drop small portion of batter in oil and when it comes up fast then oil is ready for frying.
- Now take medium sized portions of batter in between your fingers and drop them in oil.
- Deep fry them until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Take out vadas from oil.
- Now take a bowl of lukewarm water and add all vadas in it for few mins.
- Meanwhile take another bowl add in curd, salt, black pepper powder and sugar and whisk it with the help of whisker.
- Put prepared curd mixture in fridge.
- Now take out vadas from water and squeeze them to remove excess water.
- Now take a squeezed vadas in plate and pour in generous amount of curd mixture on it.
- For Garnishing – Top Dahi Vadas with Tamarind Chutney, Salt, Red Chilli Powder and Cumin Powder.
- Dahi Vadas are prepared to eat.
- Vadas can also be prepared with Split Black Gram only.
- For Garnishing Mint and Coriander Chutney and Chopped Coriander can also be added. I have not added because in Paryushan we don’t eat Leafy Vegetables.
- At the place of powdered sugar, granular sugar can also be used around 2 Tbsp.
- Use roasted cumin powder only as it will give nice flavor to Dahi Vada
Refer WordPress – https://refer.wordpress.com/r/2102/wordpress-com/