Sandwich Dhokla is a Spicy Version of White Dhokla. It is a popular Gujarati Snack. It is very easy recipe and mouth – watering. Its batter requires time otherwise it is a very quick recipe to prepare.
Equipments Used –
- Gas Steamer (15 Idly – Compact S.S Idly Cooker Induction Compatible + Flame (Dual))
- Grinder (Bajaj Rex 500-Watt Mixer Grinder with 3 Jars (White)
- Tadka Pan (Solimo Non-Stick Tadka Pan, 11cm/300ml)
Prep Time – 8 Hours Cook Time – 15-20 Mins
- Rice – 3 Cups (Daawat Rozana Gold Basmati Rice, 5kg)
- Chana Dal ( Split Bengal Gram) – 1 Cup (Sri Sri Organic Split Bengal Gram (Chana Dal), 1kg)
- Urad Dal ( Split Black Gram) – 1/2 Cup (Conscious Food Organic Split Black Gram (Urad Dal), 500g)
- Water – require to soak rice and dal
- Dahi (Curd) – As required to prepare smooth batter
- Salt to Taste
- Soda Bi-Carb – 2 Tsp. (Baking Soda / Cooking Soda / Soda Bicarb 500g)
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 Tbsp. (Catch Red Chilli Powder, 500g)
- Mint and Coriander Chutney (Thick Consistency) – 1 Cup
- Oil – For Greasing + 2 Tbsp for Tadka
- Mustard Seeds – 2 Tbsp. (Organic Tattva Black Mustard, 200g)
- Broken Curry Leaves – 12 – 15 Nos.
- Soak rice, chana dal and urad dal in water for 4 hours.
- Now grind these with the dahi and prepare smooth batter and keep it aside for 4 hours more.
- After 4 hours, add in salt in the batter.
- Now take a flat plate provided with the steamer and grease it with oil.
- Now add soda bi-carb in the batter and mix well.
- Fill 1/4 of the greased plate with the batter and allow it to steam for 5 mins.
- Spread Chutney on it and leave steamer open for 2 mins.
- Now top it with batter and sprinkle red chilli powder on it and allow it to steam for 10 mins more or time as required to steam dhoklas completely.
- Allow dhoklas to cool little bit and cut them into pieces.
- For tadka – take pan and heat oil and add mustard seeds
- On crackling of seeds add in broken curry leaves.
- Spread tadka on dhokla pieces properly such that it covers each and every piece of dhokla.
Refer WordPress – https://refer.wordpress.com/r/2102/wordpress-com/